Government and Health Services Director, and Clinical SME- Public Affairs
Tracking Code5375-736Job Description
Ipsos is the world’s third largest market research company, present in 90 markets and employing more than 18,000 people. Our passionately curious research professionals, analysts and scientists have built unique multi-specialist capabilities that provide true understanding and powerful insights into the actions, opinions and motivations of citizens, consumers, patients, customers or employees. We serve more than 5000 clients across the world with 75 business solutions.
Founded in France in 1975, Ipsos is listed on the Euronext Paris since July 1st, 1999. The company is part of the SBF 120 and the Mid-60 index and is eligible for the Deferred Settlement Service (SRD).
ISIN code FR0000073298, Reuters ISOS.PA, Bloomberg IPS:FP www.ipsos.com
Ipsos Public Affairs is a member of the Ipsos Group, a leading global survey-based market research company with offices in 89 countries. Our government clients include the Food and Drug Administration, Veterans Health Administration, Social Security Administration, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Defense Health Agency, U.S. Agency for International Development, and Federal Trade Commission. Our non-governmental and private sector clients include health insurers, hospital systems, consumer goods companies, corporate foundations, development NGOs, and numerous consulting and marketing communications firms.
Members of the Ipsos Public Affairs team have degrees in such fields as psychology, sociology, political science, economics, public policy analysis, demography, public health, statistics, international development, marketing, and social sciences. Our research scientists are at the forefront of the discussion of such issues as developing estimates from non-probability samples, using quasi-experimental methods to evaluate programs’ impact in developing countries, measuring the performance of health systems in delivering positive patient experiences, and using research to inform and refine interventions to change consumers’ behaviors.
Ipsos Public Affairs has more than 30 years of experience working with physicians, hospitals, payers, brokers and other health provider organizations and has developed a center of expertise that focuses on improving healthcare quality, increasing accountability, and advising on new and emerging health policy issues.
Sound like the right place for your career? Share our passion. Share our success. And join us in being proud to be Ipsos.
This open position is for a Director level Clinical Subject Matter Expert (SME) to serve as a High Reliability Organization (HRO) leadership coach for our client the Veterans Health Administration. In this role, you will provide hands-on clinical subject matter expertise for the implementation and training of the HRO framework. HRO Leader Coaching is tailored to each VAMC to help engage staff, empower teams, promote a culture of safety and embed continuous learning and improvement into the organization. The goal of VAMC HRO Leader Coaching is to help Medical Center Directors (MCDs) and Executive Leadership Teams (ELTs) turn the Zero Harm vision into reality.
Key Areas of Responsibility for a Government and Health Services Director, and Clinical SME
- Assisting in developing practices and tools to implement continuous process improvement in leader engagement and culture of safety
- Helping MCDs, ELTs and select departments (work settings) pursue and refine their HRO Implementation Plan
- Making projects happen: Coordinating and managing research projects on time and on budgets, working closely with our colleagues in other departments.
- Getting into the client’s business: Developing an understanding of our clients’ issues involving administering health care to Active Duty military, their families, and retired military.
- Help the business grow: Engage with clients to suggest solutions to their problems and collaborate with colleagues to produce business and technical proposals.
- Set the stage for your promotion: Create and manage the necessary documentation of project requirements to ensure safety to the business and allow you to manage others doing those tasks while you go on to learn something else.
- You are curious – you don’t like leaving questions unanswered, and no one needs to tell you to go look for new information that will help you better meet our clients’ needs.
- You can coordinate the work of a large team, keeping everyone “in the loop” on changes that will affect their part of the process. This includes geographically dispersed teams in a matrix management structure. May also include leadership of a geographically dispersed team.
- Strong attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of the clinical healthcare environment.
- You like the idea of working with companies and government agencies to improve their customers’ experiences.
- Strong working proficiency with MS Office (specifically MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- You can support and contribute to key business development activities, including writing the technical aspects of proposals and account growth
- 7-12 years of experience in a clinical setting or marketing, public policy, health, or research sector. Experience working hands-on qualitative research studies is a plus especially within a high reliability organization.
- Education levels attained: BA / BS degree, Masters, or Ph.D.
Ipsos’ Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Ipsos recognizes the necessity of building an inclusive culture that values each employee’s individuality and diverse perspectives. For more than 40 years, our mission has been to generate and analyze data about society, markets, brands, and behaviors to provide our clients with the insights that elevate their understanding of the world. This could not be fulfilled without Ipsos’ diverse employees who compile and analyze this data—they are the essence of who we are and what we do.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-14