Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government & Industry Affairs Lead
About the Job:
Our Public Affairs team is looking to hire a Director of Government & Industry Affairs, located within the Washington, D.C. area. We are looking for someone to join our team and help build capacity to engage external stakeholders such as governments, both Congress and executive brand, trade associations and various advocates and thought-leaders that impact the food industry.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Monitor and influence the external landscape to anticipate and handle external emerging subjects that may either present an opportunity or a risk for Danone NA companies at the national level.
- Identify and manage a network of key stakeholders in the field including but not limited to lawmakers/members of Congress, members of the federal executive branch and administrations/government agencies, trade associations and non-governmental organizations.
- Proactively build strategies and advance legislative, regulatory or other appropriate public policies.
- Lead and manage the representation of Danone NA companies at trade associations meetings and other appropriate stakeholder meetings/coalitions.
- Work cross-functionally across the company to understand business needs and develop positions in close cooperation with legal and regulatory, scientific affairs, communications, cycles & procurement, research & innovation, and others as needed.
- Communicate with relevant teams within the business on emerging government / industry/advocacy subjects and provide an on-going analysis of the potential opportunities or risks for the businesses.
- Manage activities of public affairs consultants and agencies.
- Help lead and contribute to cross-team projects related to One Planet/One Health projects such as those related to climate change and packaging/circular economy.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-22