Government Inquiries Project Manager, Legal Operations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in consulting, program management, or legal (with project management).
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’ and make connections across teams and issues.
- Ability to work effectively amidst ambiguity and manage through influence.
- Ability to be process-oriented, and organized when handling complexity and multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to be proactive and take an entrepreneurial approach to solving issues and problems.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking skills.
About the job
Our Legal team needs more than attorneys to keep things moving. Our Legal Operations team is charged with improving and maintaining the Legal team’s internal processes, systems and tools. Responsible for tracking objectives, coordinating financial planning and solving technology challenges, you are entrepreneurial, proactive and highly organized. You keep costs down, engage third-party vendors and make the Legal team’s services better, faster and more efficient.
The Legal and the Government Affairs & Public Policy (GAPP) teams support the Global Affairs mission: “Help people around the world by promoting responsible innovation and building trust in the potential of technology.” In this role, you will act as the central project management function in orchestrating Google’s responses to inquiries made by governments worldwide.
20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Facilitate large, global, cross-functional working groups and influence a broad range of stakeholders, including executives. Liaise with Legal IT team on tooling development and curation of the knowledge base.
- Contribute to the project management, development and implementation of complete processes around high risk government inquiries (regulatory and legislative) which includes intake, assessment and assignment, execution of regulatory response, and final submission approval.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to prioritize and build internal processes to facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Participate in quarterly Global Affairs regulatory strategy sessions and the development of ‘Global Regulatory Outlooks’ to internal parties.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-27