Government Operations Manager
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Government Operations Manager will be the Company’s external interface with all critical relationships in the State Capital. This position will have responsibility to direct the Company’s strategic agenda related to issues regarding state regulatory and legislative affairs; developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with state and federal government officials; congressional relationships; developing and maintaining relationships with business customers; communicating with management and peer employees regulatory and legislative issues impacting the Company in the state.
This includes advocating the interests of the Company, its Customers and its Stakeholders before state regulatory commission, state legislature, and local governments. This position may also be responsible for engaging in local government affairs, local regulation issues, developing and maintaining relationships with local government officials. The position typically operates as an individual contributor.
· Advocate the interest of the Company, its Customers and its Stakeholders before state regulatory and legislative bodies
· Manage and execute regulatory strategy for regulatory proceedings
· Manage and execute legislative strategy for legislative initiatives
· Assist in the timely approval of service tariff filings
· Responsible for the timely filing of all regulatory required filing
· Determine and influence future regulatory and legislative issues to the benefit of the Company
· Interpret regulatory requirements and legislative issues and assist in the determination of impacts on operations and long-term strategy
· Establish and maintain relationships with members of Congress and Staff in coordination with the Federal Legislative Affairs Team
· Utilize relationships developed with state and local government leaders to support government sales efforts
· Keep current and compliant on all corporate policies, rules, regulation and laws affecting the Company and managing advocacy
· Work closely with Company business units including network, finance, legal, corporate communications and others as assigned issues dictate in the best interest of the Company
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or the equivalent in relevant training or experience
· Minimum 3 – 7 years of experience in state regulatory, legislative or public affairs environment. Experience in Public Relation, Media Relations or similar field
· Advance degree in a relevant field
· 7 to 10 years of experience in a state regulatory or legislative affairs environment
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-09