Government and Public Affairs Coordinator
General Position Summary:
The Government and Public Affairs Coordinator will facilitate management and operations within the GPA department, assist with GPA content development; provide administrative support to the SVP; and coordinate efforts among the GPA departments (Regulatory and Policy, State Affairs, Research and Analytics, and Federal Affairs).
Essential Functions/Major responsibilities:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for SVP (e.g. managing the SVP’s schedule, travel, completing and submitting expense reports, etc.).
- Assist SVP with member company and team correspondence and preparation for external events, including compiling research and developing talking points and/or presentation material.
- Assist with content development and provide editorial review of department work products, as needed (e.g. documents, member updates, presentations).
- Facilitate team coordination, management, and operation:
- Coordinate the production of the GPA annual budget
- Ensure that the GPA leadership document library is organized appropriately and easily accessible.
- Develop GPA and GPA leadership team meeting agendas; capture and track follow up items; and work with VPs to ensure tasks are completed
- Ensure GPA compliance with AWEA internal management processes and deadlines
- Manage the production of reports that capture and communicate the value of AWEA’s advocacy efforts to AWEA membership:
- AWEA’s Weekly Policy & Advocacy Report
- AWEA’s Policy and Advocacy by the Numbers Report.
- Maintain filing system for public facing GPA-wide documents and all member or external facing material developed or used by the SVP.
- Work with team members to identify and implement systems, tools and work practices that will improve efficiency and effectiveness of the team and/or provide value to membership. For example, working with IT to identify and design tools for GPA staff communication with AWEA committees and internal team organization.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Requirements include strong oral, written and interpersonal skills; a demonstrated ability to be extremely organized, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines; an ability to identify problems, research alternatives and resolve them; good judgment and intuition; strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; the ability to develop, manage and/or revamp projects independently; the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously (managing competing priorities); and the ability to adapt and respond quickly to change. Ability to work collaboratively with others. Considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures and ability to perform functions with independent judgment. Knowledge of office practices and procedures and strong workplace ethics are required. Proficiency with MS Office suite required. Supportive approach to all situations and a positive team member. Receives guidance on new assignments but normally works independently on mastered tasks.
AWEA is a fast-paced, high-energy organization with a very ambitious agenda and a staff that is highly motivated. This position may experience high level work demands and very independent decision-making under tight timelines. The Coordinator interacts frequently with internal staff, committee chairs and members. Some travel may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
While a Bachelor’s degree in a field directly related to public policy and/or public affairs is preferred, any combination of education and progressively responsible, at least 2 years of directly applicable experience will be acceptable. Trade association experience preferred.
AWEA is seeking applicants who reflect and understand our core values: We HEART Wind Energy, The Truth Prevails, Together We Succeed, and Ahead of the Curve. AWEA is a fast-paced, high-energy organization with a very ambitious agenda and a staff that is highly motivated. This job may experience high work demands under tight timelines.
To apply: Send how you heard about this job, cover letter, salary requirement, start date availability, and resume to email@example.com (use “Coordinator” in subject line).
AWEA is a national trade association representing wind power project developers, equipment suppliers, services providers, parts manufacturers, utilities, researchers, and others involved in the wind industry – one of the world’s fastest growing energy industries. In addition, AWEA represents hundreds of wind energy advocates from around the world.
The Association provides up-to-date information on: wind energy projects operating; new projects in various stages of development; companies working in the wind energy field; technology development; and policy developments related to wind and other renewable energy development. AWEA . . . the best source for wind energy information.
People count on AWEA to provide up-to-date, accurate information about the domestic and international wind energy industry.
Job posted: 2020-05-01