Government and Public Affairs Director
WHO WE ARE:
Par Pacific is a growth-oriented company that owns and operates market-leading energy and infrastructure businesses in logistically complex markets. Par Pacific combines experience in the oil and gas industry with corporate financing know-how. We bring this unique strength to complex markets where we seek out diamonds in the rough. As a nimble, entrepreneurial organization, we actively pursue new opportunities in response to local market demands and changing external environments.
Reporting to the Sr. Vice President, Par Hawaii you will support the Company’s growth and uphold & enhance its reputation in the greater community. This is accomplished by directing all facets of government relations, employee and media/public relations, charitable giving and community outreach.
- Director, Government & Public Affairs at a Growth-Oriented Energy Company
- Empowered to influence public policy on a local and state scale.
- Enjoy exposure to Senior Management.
- Develop and execute strategies to address issues of interest to the company, and work with community and government leaders.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the Director, Government & Public Affairs opportunity, you will have:
- Five or more years of experience in leading Hawaii government relations, community engagement or a communications function.
- Ability to identify and manage issues that are germane to the energy industry and to adopt government relations strategies to achieve preferred outcomes.
- Experienced in providing strategic support and counsel to senior executives or similar leadership roles.
- Strong writing skills and ability to effectively communicate company and industry developments to internal and external audiences
- Proven interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Results-driven team-player and a seasoned communicator who can galvanize action on business and volunteer causes.
- Event planning experience is a plus.
Note: This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
More Good Reasons to work for Par:
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific — a niche player in the energy space that operates in logistically complex markets. And there’s certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. We are driven, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professionals that love to win. If that describes you, you’ll fit right in.
Location, location, location
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. The office where you’ll work is in Oahu, HI.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; a robust allotment of paid time off; a 401(k) retirement savings plans; educational reimbursement; and more.
Keys to Success
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude. Candidates should have a natural thirst for knowledge and curiosity to drive personal and professional development.
In addition, in order to be a successful Director, Government & Public Affairs, you will:
- Promote the Company’s overall image and product brands through sponsorships, communication initiatives and volunteerism.
- Serve as chief lobbyists on local, State and with the Hawaii Congressional delegation.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for the Company.
- Direct Hawaii employee and community outreach events and campaigns, including charitable giving.
- Manage public affairs in emergency response situation (e.g. catastrophic man-made or natural incidents, oil spill, etc.) in conjunction with Par Hawaii Environmental, Health & Safety department.
- Represent Par Hawaii on task forces, committees, trade organizations and to nonprofit organizations.
- Direct political contributions, political education and grassroots activism in Hawaii.
- Be a custodian of Par Hawaii’s historical information.
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, owns, manages and maintains interests in energy and infrastructure businesses. Par Pacific’s strategy is to identify, acquire and operate energy and infrastructure businesses with attractive competitive positions. We own and operate refineries in Hawaii, Washington and Wyoming, with total operating throughput capacity of over 150 Mbpd. We own and operate one of the largest energy infrastructure networks in Hawaii with a logistics network supplying the major islands of the state. In Wyoming, Par Pacific owns a refinery and associated logistics network in a niche market. We operate 123 fuel retail outlets in Hawaii, Washington, and Idaho. Par Pacific has an active, opportunistic growth strategy. Our common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the trading symbol “PARR”.
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web posting.
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Par Pacific prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-20