Government & Public Affairs Manager
The Manager of Government & Public Affairs supports the Company’s growth and upholds/enhances its reputation in the greater community. This is accomplished by directing all facets of government relations, employee and media/public relations, charitable giving and community outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or Political Science
- Seven to 10 years of experience in directing government relations, preferably at the federal or state level.
- Seven to 10 years of experience in leadership positions in corporate communications, a government agency, or in a public relations agency.
- Ability to assess issues that are germane to the petroleum/energy industry and to adopt government relations strategies to achieve preferred outcomes.
- Experienced in providing strategic support and counsel to senior executives or similar leadership roles.
- Proven interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Results-driven team-player and a seasoned communicator who can galvanize action on business and volunteer causes.
- Able to write in news style.
- Event planning experience a plus
- Manage Company’s reputation (i.e., oil spills, catastrophic man-made or natural incidents, etc.)
- Direct Hawaii employee and community outreach events and campaigns.
- Promote the Company’s overall image and product brands through sponsorships, communication initiatives and volunteerism.
- Direct charitable giving for the Hawaii business.
- Oversee the development of logo merchandise and specialty promotional items.
- Serve as chief lobbyists on local, State and specific federal issues.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for the Company.
- Represent Par Hawaii on task forces, committees, trade organizations and to nonprofit organizations.
- Direct political contributions, political education and grassroots activism in Hawaii, and provide support to Mainland counterparts.
- Manage the Company’s internal communication newsletter and the Par Hawaii Website.
- Support the Par Pacific Holdings executive leadership team and both the Par Hawaii, Inc. and Par Hawaii leadership teams as needed.
- Be a custodian of Par Hawaii’s historical information.
***Must be legally authorized to work permanently in the United States for any employer WITHOUT REQUIRING A VISA TRANSFER or VISA SPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE***
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-09