Government and Regulatory Affairs Manager
Manager, Government and Regulatory Affairs
The Manager, Government and Regulatory Affairs reports to the Executive Vice President of Operations and Membership and serves as a resource in providing reasoned/meaningful advice on government /regulatory issues. This position will actively work to position the organization on current/emerging issues at the state, national levels of government as well as the regulatory arena. Responsibilities also include educating, activating and mobilizing various stakeholders in support of organizational policy, goals and objectives.
Manage advocacy and regulatory firms, communicate key advocacy messages and generate support among policymakers, staff, allied organizations and other appropriate stakeholders.
- Government Relations/Regulatory Affairs Coordination
- Serve as a primary contact with government affairs and regulatory affairs firms.
- Coordinate the government/regulatory activity and programs of TVC together with and at the direction of the supervisor and the Chair of the Government and Regulatory Affairs Committee
- Manage and coordinate the activity and strategies of the TVC’s government relations vendors
- Provide consistent/on-going communication with partner firms and when appropriate include leadership in these sessions;
- Continuously monitor the effectiveness of current partner firms;
- Develop a coordinated strategy and work plan to ensure communication and partnership with allied organizations on matters involving government and regulatory affairs:
- Manage and participate in TVC related policy maker meetings to ensure that the best interests of the organization are being represented.
- Engage with policy makers to ensure that the best interests of TVC are being represented
- Review and approve monthly activity reports and billings.
Monitor/manage current and emerging state/federal legislative and regulatory related issues; and communicate advocacy messages and generate support among members, policymakers, allied organizations and other appropriate stakeholders.
- State and National Issues Monitoring/Management
- Develop a comprehensive/proactive approach to monitor/manage state and national issues of concern.
- Educate members on the issues or concern and work with partner firms/staff to develop compliance plans.
– When appropriate develop an outreach plans with members and allied organizations to address issues of concern
Manage and evolve TVC Government and Regulatory Affairs Committee.
- In conjunction with supervisor, Chair of the Government and Regulatory Affairs Committee and the appropriate GR vendor(s), manage all aspects of the TVC GR Committee including:
– Regular committee communications
– Committee meetings
– Capitol Hill “Member Fly Ins”
– Hill Briefings
- Regularly communicate with key TVC GR related thought leaders to better understand any current or future issues that might impact TVC member companies
- Coordinate all GR related programs with appropriate TVC staff, departments and or GR related vendors.
- Anticipate and respond to members’ needs on regulatory matters as they arise
- Develop comprehensive issue positions built around member consensus
- Develop supporting talking points in support of issue positions
- Coordinate any appropriate GR related programs/projects that might be impacted as a result of TVC related domestic/ international technical/standard programs.
- Coordinate appropriate GR related communications (website, email, newsletter, etc.) through the TVC marketing/communication department.
Generate “grassroots” support among TVC members, eyecare professionals and if appropriate consumers for TVC legislative initiatives.
- Educate and mobilize stakeholders on issues relating to specific state, federal and local legislative/regulatory issues.
- Develop and implement ability to generate communications to targeted constituents on state and federal legislative/regulatory issues.
- Serve as point of contact for TVC political action committee.
– Write, call and meet with representatives to ensure coordination of efforts.
– Review and approve monthly activity reports and billings.
– In conjunction with relevant parties, assist in the raising and distribution of funds.
- College undergraduate degree in, Public Policy, Political Science or other relevant discipline strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience developing, implementing and coordinating government relations and advocacy initiatives aimed at health care professionals, industry representatives and consumers.
- Ability to think strategically, work at a consistently high level of responsibility and autonomy, and to work effectively with the vision community’s various constituencies.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Some travel required.
The Vision Council offers a competitive benefits package to include:
- Competitive salaries
- Health, vision and dental
- 401(k) – 50% match on investments up to IRS Limit of $17,500
- 401(k) is 100% fully vested after 6 months
- 15 days of paid leave the first year
- Additional week off between Christmas and New Year (office closes)
- Reimbursement for educational and training expenses
- Flexible / Alternative Work
Applicants can submit their materials via the website, at: https://thevisioncouncil.applicantpro.com/jobs/ .
Job posted: 2020-03-03