Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government & Regulatory Affairs Professional, Congressional Affairs
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Government & Regulatory Affairs (GRA) is seeking to add a professional to its cross-corporate lobbying team in Washington, D.C. GRA collaborates with IBM’s corporate and business functions to advance IBM’s broad array of public policy, legislative and regulatory initiatives that support IBM’s global business model and corporate and social programs.
IBM enjoys positive global brand recognition and reputation in over 170 countries in which we compete.
The position entails:
- Develop and execute strategies for policymakers, corporate, trade associations, and other entities that share IBM’s policy and legislative priorities.
- Analyze legislative initiatives and policy proposals, as well as executive branch policies as appropriate, and flag issues of importance to IBM.
- Collaborate with GRA policy leads and internal corporate and business functions on strategy, tactics and appropriate messaging that aligns with and drives IBM’s policy and business goals.
- Help build and sustain political relationships at various levels that will be instrumental to passing policy and legislative objectives important to IBM.
- Support important events including the annual IBM Congressional Fly-in, district and site visits and other events with government officials.
- Serve as an effective external messenger an advocate who clearly communicates on a range of IBM public policy, legislative and regulatory issues. Embrace the use of social media and other tools for effective communication.
- Engage and lead in relevant trade associations, coalitions and think tanks as appropriate.
- Anticipate and communicate on external threats or opportunities that may hinder or help IBM’s positioning on various issues or business objectives.
- Contribute to IBM’s overall government affairs strategy and serve as a valued partner to maintain IBM ‘s high-level competitive performance with high integrity and professionalism.
The GRA professional should be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment; be able to handle changing priorities and short deadlines; be able to work well with large, extended teams including colleagues in other countries; be well-organized, pay great attention to detail and be systematic and thorough; and be comfortable dealing with people from other countries and cultures.
If you are passionate about IT and good tech that contributes to overall economic well-being and want to do work that matters, then come work at IBM.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of relevant experience as described above.
- Foundational knowledge of interacting with the US Congress.
- Familiarity and ability to interact with Members of the House and Senate; as well as with the Executive branch, and other federal agencies as required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Former employment on Capitol Hill or with a federal agency.
Apply here: About Business Unit
Job posted: 2021-12-19