Government & Regulatory Affairs Professional, Congressional Affairs
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM enjoys a global reputation for innovative technology solutions that enhance quality of life around the world. Our “tech for good” philosophy reflects longstanding values that have guided generations of IBMers in the development and deployment of new technologies and services that have earned us the trust of society and our clients. If you are passionate about the importance of good tech and want to do work that matters – join IBM.
As a member of the Congressional Affairs office, one will be expected to:
- Develop and execute strategies for policy makers, corporate, trade association, and other entities that share IBM’s policy and legislative priorities.
- Analyze legislative initiatives and policy proposals, as well as executive branch policies as appropriate, and flag issues of importance to IBM.
- Collaborate with GRA policy leads and internal corporate and business functions on strategy, tactics and appropriate messaging that aligns with and drives IBM’s policy and business goals.
- Help build and sustain political relationships at various levels that will be instrumental to passing policy and legislative objectives important to IBM.
- Support important events including the annual IBM Congressional Fly-in, district and site visits and other events with government officials. This may involve travel to IBM sites and other locations.
- Serve as an effective external messenger an advocate who clearly communicates on a range of IBM public policy, legislative and regulatory issues. Embrace the use of social media and other tools for effective communication.
- Engage and lead in relevant trade associations, coalitions and think tanks as appropriate.
- Anticipate and communicate on external threats or opportunities that may hinder or help IBM’s positioning on various issues or business objectives.
- Contribute to IBM’s overall government affairs strategy and serve as a valued partner to maintain IBM ‘s high-level competitive performance with high integrity and professionalism.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Foundational knowledge of interacting with the US Congress
- Familiarity and ability to interact with Members of the House and Senate; as well as with the Executive branch, and other federal agencies
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Direct experience within a government or federal agency.
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world’s most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-24