Government Regulatory Compliance Specialist
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Government Regulatory Compliance Specialist to work within our Accounting team, located in Torrey Pines, CA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, lead reviews of internal controls and related DFARS Business Systems to promote compliance with applicable regulations. Documents current processes and controls and identify gaps between business system requirements and existing practices and policies.
- Develops and executes corrective action plan based on gaps identified.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined precedents and policies to interpret established policies, procedures, and standard practices, develop reports, and provide analysis of financial data to ensure that financial analysis projects and cost control activities are successfully implemented and maintained.
- Provides information and findings to resolve financial issues impacting operations.
- Responds to inquiries, identifies issues, and develops solutions to complex and diverse challenges concerning a variety financial data, some of which contain confidential and sensitive information, which require tact and discretion in handling.
- May represent the organization as a primary contact with management, customers, and outside organizations.
- Collaborates across functions and project teams to deliver solutions to business challenges. Recommends areas for process improvement.
- May function in an advisory role and provide guidance to less experienced staff. Works closely with program managers, profit center managers, and cost center managers to provide financial support, data, and reports.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting and/or finance, and at least six years of professional experience in accounting, finance, or similar fields, preferably at a government contractor.
- May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- CPA candidate preferred.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of internal controls preferably experience documenting and evaluating control adequacy. Understanding of SOX requirements a plus.
- Must possess leadership skills including organizing, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates Must possess: (1) the ability to initiate, plan, and manage finance projects; (2) strong analytical skills and the ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems; (3) excellent verbal and written communication skills; (4) strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees and external customers; (5) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (6) ability to develop formats and summaries to produce accurate, appropriate financial and audit support documentation, and (7) excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office suite; SAP knowledge preferred but not required).
- Requires effective presentation skills. Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential, as is the ability to work extended hours.
- US Citizenship is required.
Travel Percentage Required 0% – 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? No
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-08