With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
Orbital ATK Political Action Committee (PAC) / Government Relations Administrator
The Political Action Committee (PAC)/Government Relations Administrator leads and manages the day-to-day operation and administration of the company’s PAC (OAPAC) to ensure strict corporate compliance with federal campaign finance laws and regulations. Additionally, the successful candidate is responsible for Government Relations research, support and communication requirements.
- Ensure Orbital ATK compliancy with all federal campaign finance laws and regulations.
- Oversee and manage all Government Relations reporting requirements for federal and state election laws to include the timely and complete submission of mandatory information by the company’s team of registered lobbyists.
- Maintain all record-keeping for OAPAC.
- Prepare and file Orbital ATK’s required Lobbying Disclosure Report.
- Administer training for Orbital ATK lobbyist on Lobbying Disclosure guidelines and reporting.
- Develop OAPAC reports for internal and external use.
- In coordination with outside counsel, prepare lobbying registration documentation to ensure compliance with all Lobbying Disclosure guidelines and regulations.
OAPAC Operational Responsibilities:
- Formulate, monitor, and continuously update OAPAC’s growing seven figure budget; manage the accounting, receipts and disbursements.
- Ensures budget targets are met, adjusted throughout the year and capitalizes on opportunities to increase the Orbital ATK brand in line with Government Relations objectives and roadmap.
- · Prepare and maintain budget for PAC activities. Assigns and tracks budget for over 160 members of Congress.
- Develop and manage OAPAC outreach and incentive programs such as the Chairman’s Club to engage senior leaders and all eligible employees.
- Coordinate quarterly OAPAC webinar presentations, outreach and information updates.
- Lead, run and manage the weekly Government Relations OAPAC meeting.
- Prepare and maintain state PAC budgets.
- Lead and coordinate OAPAC fundraising efforts and sponsored Congressional events that support the Government Relations strategy and corporate branding.
- Establish and manage the OAPAC intranet site and website information.
Board of Directors Support:
- Collects and drafts quarterly Corporate Board of Director reports with OAPAC updates.
- · Organizes the semi-annual OAPAC Board of Director meetings.
- Participates with the Board in identifying and developing engagement opportunities and membership succession review.
- Provide information concerning development in PAC activities and how PAC supports the efforts by the business units to grow and profit.
- Coordinates with OAPAC Board members for congressional events, presentations, facility/site visits.
Government Relations Support:
- Prepare the “Washington DC Updates” section of Government Relations Weekly report and the Government Relations section of the company’s internal Communications Report.
- Serve as the Administrator and Manager of the Corporate Ambassador program which identifies and trains select employees to act as local government outreach representatives.
- Provide Congressional hearing and legislative updates at Government Relations staff meeting.
- Serve as the lead and coordinator for the “Defense Group” congressional dinners which involves 13 corporate members sponsoring 24 members of congress annually.
- Coordinate Government Relations and Congressional facility visits, presentations and OAPAC outreach.
- Government Relations representative to the company’s Community Relations Council to integrate corporate outreach and stewardship with the Government Relations strategy.
- Conduct political research, presentations, reports and summaries in support of Government Relations activities.
- Maintains an extensive database that correlates company employment and economic impact with specific congressional districts and states.
- Research and inform company business units on political developments and how these may affect a program or business pursuit.
- Represents Government Relations and the corporation at national PAC and educational forums.
- Coordinates and helps develop Government Relations presentations to the company’s Future Leader Program which trains select high-performing employees for fast-track corporate advancement.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Experience in PAC administration, fundraising and event planning.
- Familiarity with campaign finance, election laws, public official gift and entertainment rules and state and federal lobbying rules
- Entrepreneurial spirit – ability to think, anticipate and grow the job based on the Government Relations SVP guidance and intent
- Team player, self-aware learner, integrative thinker, intelligent risk taker
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 15, 2017