Government Relations Advisor (71032464)
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Government Relations Advisor at Edison International (EIX) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll drive the development and management of the Edison International Political Action Committee (EIPAC). You will be responsible for managing project teams and participating in the design and delivery of public affairs strategies and tactics for political engagement and compliance issues, programs, and projects. This includes developing assessments, providing political intelligence, and formulating recommendations for growing PAC revenues. In this role, you will cultivate new PAC members, develop and manage engagement plans with current members to maximize retention and revenue growth, develop and execute high-impact programs, and ensure political activities compliance through training and internal education activities. During election cycles, you will lead the coordination and development of Corporate Affairs pre-election and post-election analysis reports.
As a Government Relations Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Manage relationships with EIPAC members, prospective members, the EIPAC consultant, and other internal stakeholders to maximize EIPAC development and revenue growth while ensuring political activities compliance in alignment with the company’s values.
- Lead political activities compliance training sessions with the compliance consultant.
- Develop and maintain understanding of political and public affairs landscape and engage externally with organizations and peer companies to ensure best practices in PAC development and political activities compliance are being utilized.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to team members and stakeholders, including senior officers, relative to managing company political engagement issues and opportunities.
- Work with the EIPAC team on development, and continuous evaluation of the effectiveness, of EIPAC and political compliance project plans, including scope, schedule, and budget.
- Own responsibility for the EIPAC website, member newsletters, matching programs, and political analyses and reports to maximize member engagement and drive revenue growth.
- During election cycles, lead the coordination with Local Public Affairs, Sacramento, and Washington DC offices to develop analysis and distribute pre-election and post-election reports.
- Serve on incident management teams during emergency activations, including after hours, nights and weekend duty rotation.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Seven or more years of experience working in public affairs, government relations, public policy, and/or political campaigns.
- Five years or more years of experience in political fundraising, including developing political engagement, PAC and compliance strategies, programs, and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Political Science, Government, Business, Economics, or related discipline.
- Problem solver; self-starter; high degree of creativity to find new ways to reach and communicate with PAC members, prospective members, and key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Strong organizational skills with high-level of initiative and ability to effectively interface, collaborate, and partner with stakeholders, senior management, company officers, clients, and team members to help drive PAC fundraising strategies and ensure stakeholder buy-in.
- Ability to analyze, summarize and recommend politically astute ideas and concepts to senior management in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner.
- Ability to manage and support multiple public affairs projects concurrently.
- Ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance the effectiveness of the PAC, appropriately assess political and reputational risks, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage work product and relationship with consultant(s) and other vendors as needed.
- Ability to stay current with relevant public policy issues, PAC fundraising strategy and tactics, political activities compliance requirements, technology, and innovation, conduct and bench- mark best practice studies.
- Familiarity with social media, web-based, and app tools for monitoring and engaging with PAC members and prospective members.
- Strong ethics, persuasive interpersonal skills, and the ability to engage in continuous learning.
- Experience in political campaigns and fundraising, including managing an employee PAC.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Teams.
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- After hours, nights and weekends on-call duty rotation required.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. #LI-MM1
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-14