Government Relations Analyst
NADP is seeking a full-time Government Relations Analyst in our Dallas headquarters.
NOTE: No relocation assistance; potential for 10 days of overnight travel per year.
Description: Position reports to the Director of Government Relations in providing support for the public policy work of the association which includes:
- monitoring legislation, regulations and industry-related news at the state and federal level which affect the dental benefits industry,
- policy analysis including identifying important policy questions and supporting volunteer groups in developing responses to policy initiatives, with particular focus on Government-funded or -managed programs (e.g. Medicaid, CHIP, Medicare, Marketplaces, etc.),
- compiling and posting or dissemination of materials relating to NADP’s government relations priorities for use by NADP members, assisting in the support of NADP’s volunteers who are engaged state and federal policy initiatives, and
- assisting in support of NADP’s federally qualified PAC and other government relations volunteer groups.
Additional tasks specific to position could include:
- Draft or assist with drafting white papers on various topics of concern,
- Draft correspondence to legislators and regulators,
- Assist with the planning and implementation of legislative fly-ins or fundraising events, which could include scheduling appointments, promoting events, and producing handouts and packets, and
- Update advocacy and government relations websites, as needed.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with 2 to 3 years of experience in government relations or public policy field; experience reviewing legislation and regulations preferred, strong computer skills including use of the internet and social media as well as Microsoft office products (Word and Excel).
The successful candidate will have an interest in or knowledge of concepts in public health, health policy, or government programs. We are looking for a self-starter who requires minimal supervision after initial training with excellent writing and organizational skills.
Position is in the Dallas office. NADP does not pay relocation expenses.
Salary & Benefits: Base salary benchmarked to ASAE in $53,000-$56,000 range based on level of experience with up to 5% bonus based on performance; $9771 toward health/dental/vision premiums; matching contribution up to 5% of salary deferral into self-directed 401K (6 month waiting period for entry into 401K).
NADP provides 7 holidays and 2 personal days with pay each year; 10 days of paid vacation (increases to 15 days with 10 years of employment); and one day of sick leave each month (can accrue to 240-hour maximum). Partial telecommuting options in Dallas office after 6-month tenure, covered parking, use of gym in headquarters building and tuition assistance for position related course work are also provided.
Send cover letter with resume and salary requirements to NADP Executive Director, Evelyn F. Ireland, CAE at email@example.com. Include an example of similar work in a prior position and the reason(s) for your interest in the NADP position.
NADP Background: NADP is the representative and recognized resource of the dental benefits industry. As the largest trade association in this market segment, our members provide dental benefits more than 195 million Americans with dental benefits. NADP is actively involved in legislative and regulatory developments on the state and federal level.
NADP is a small staff association serving as the representative and recognized resource of the dental benefits industry. NADP provides valued services in government relations, research and education. NADP also represents the dental benefits industry on national and international standard setting organizations relating to dental services.
Job posted: 2019-02-24