Government Relations Analyst
The Government Relations Analyst will monitor and analyze education legislation and new policies established by state and federal governments. This role will stay abreast of what is happening in government, provide summaries of proposed or passed legislation, noting how it affects our business and educators. This role may also assist with constructing responses to legislation and provide input into organizational strategy based on identified trends.
The impact you’ll have:
- Make a greater impact on education by monitoring legislative trends to help inform how assessments and curriculum are used to support students and educators.
- Impact overall business strategy to support success for educators and students.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Use a company provided legislative tracking service to identify state and national legislation that includes education topics and trends that could impact our business. Continually enhance the legislative bill tracking process.
- Review and evaluate proposed legislation, including positive or negative implications, to determine the impact to Curriculum Associates for any changes that may occur.
- Identify and recommend key legislation that should be closely monitored or influenced as they progress through the legislative cycle.
- Develop and deliver presentations on current legislative trends and potential product impact for team leads and executives.
- Support Government Relations team members with regular briefings and reports on current legislation status and impact to state and local education policy.
- Assist with constructing responses and changes to proposed legislation.
- Monitor state department of education implementation and development of rules for new legislation. Analyze and communicate the impact to LEAs and our organization. Provide strategic recommendations as needed.
- Work with state contracted lobbyists to ensure their legislative tracking and support is aligned with company strategic goals and objectives.
- Support the Government Relations team with scheduling meetings with key legislators as needed.
- Participate in the annual National Conference for State Legislators (NCSL). Support the Government Relations team in the management of our NCSL partnership.
- Working with Government Relations team members, manage the contract development process for lobbyists.
- Support the annual lobbyist convening with the development of training materials, presentations, communication, and organization.
- Contribute to activities to increase Curriculum Associates’ presence in the state and national education policy space.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Experience crafting and revising education legislation.
- Proven track record of analyzing, synthesizing, and summarizing dense and complex information (e.g., legislation, regulations, etc.) accurately, clearly, and within a short timeframe.
- Exceptionally well qualified candidates will also bring a deep understanding of educational assessments and curriculum to the position.
- Experience working with lobbyists on education issues.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-03-03