Government Relations Analyst
Learning Ally is a leading nonprofit education solutions organization that transforms the lives of struggling learners by delivering proven literacy solutions that help students reach their potential. Its mission is to radically change education, transforming the lives of children by providing reading interventions and solutions to help them succeed academically, build self-confidence, and thrive in school and beyond.
65% of fourth graders read below proficiency and are 400% more likely to drop-out of high school. And, for “most at risk” students (students of color, low income, English Language Learners and students with learning disabilities) the problem is even more acute.
Learning Ally seeks to break this cycle. With early student assessment, intervention and accommodation and professional development for educators, Learning Ally can identify and prevent learning issues by working with schools and educators to support new and struggling readers. Its solutions build a strong foundation for independent, engaged learners who are empowered to achieve socially, emotionally, and academically, regardless of background or learning difference.
Founded in 1948 as Recording for the Blind, to help soldiers who lost their sight in combat continue their education with audiobook products, Learning Ally has evolved to help individuals understand the unique ways they learn and match them to the solutions that enable personal achievement.
Today, Learning Ally reaches over 1,000,000 students, 100,000 educators and 18,500 schools across the country and continues to expand its reach. With a continued commitment to supporting students who learn differently, Learning Ally has joined researchers and neuroscientists from renowned institutions including UCSF and MIT, to better understand and address learning issues.
Based in Washington DC, the role of the Learning Ally Government Relations Analyst offers the opportunity to help drive policy relative to literacy leadership at the local, state and federal levels.
This position will support the organization and mission of improving literacy outcomes through project management; conduct policy research; draft legislative materials, including talking points, memorandums and speeches.
Duties will include:
- Managing calendars
- Organizing and scheduling meetings
- Drafting memos and preparing communications on behalf of the government relations group
- Maintenance of comprehensive and accurate records, documents and reports
Qualified candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience
- Experience working on political campaigns
- Working in legislative offices, or have work experience in policy and advocacy organization
- A qualified candidate will have understood and know the legislative process at state and federal levels
- Excellent writing and analytical skills are required as duties include preparation of correspondence
- Maintaining activity reports, and relevant publications
- Maintaining the Government Relations outstanding deliverable requests made by Learning Ally colleagues and other external stakeholders
- Successful candidates should possess strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to grow and THINK BIG
- This position reports to the Vice President of Government Relations
Learning Ally is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-17