Government Relations Analyst (APP2)(71019792)
- Manages logistics for meetings to accomplish project goals and/or to resolve outstanding issues with the project or strategic initiative. Administrative functions such as scheduling meetings or catering may be assigned when appropriate.
- Supports project meetings by creating and managing necessary documents, i.e., agenda, action item log, decision log, sign-in sheet, audio and visual support.
- Attends meetings as appropriate and follows up on key issues with team members. The project analyst may lead/facilitate meetings to ensure that scheduled meetings proceed accordingly without impacting the project schedule.
- Supports the Government Relations team in development of deliverables for senior manager/executive-level review, which may include obtaining and incorporating stakeholder input.
- Supports Government Relations team with tasks associated with assigned project’s execution strategy.
- May act as point of contact on behalf of the Government Relations team to interface with various internal organizational units (e.g., Corporate Communications, Major Project Organization, Construction, Corporate Environmental Services, Regulatory Affairs, Law, Real Properties, etc.) and external agencies/customers (Counties, Cities, Council of Governments, etc.), when appropriate to accomplish project goals.
- Facilitates communications among project team members, which can include identifying, creating, and updating Salesforce, SharePoint, One Note, Constant Contact, project resources/tools (e.g., newsletter, change control log, risk registry, dashboards, project timelines, etc.) used by team members.
- Facilitates project activities as appropriate and works with other project resources in an effort to meet deliverable deadlines.
- Administers project documentation and document control systems, which includes processes for the receipt, review, approval, issue, reproduction, distribution, version control, classification, storage/retrieval, access privileges, and retention of project-related files and documents.
- Manages and/or supports ad-hoc assignments to accomplish project and strategic initiative goals and/or for developmental purposes.
- Bachelor Degree in business or related field
- Five years of experience in an analytical role and project management support
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing various systems, databases, and metric /benchmarking tools.
- Demonstrated experience synthesizing large amounts of data, as well as examining and identifying key trends.
- Experience gathering, generating, documenting, analyzing, and drawing conclusions on multiple data, information, and reports.
- Ability to explain data and reports as well as present data in a logical and concise manner to key stakeholders.
- Ability to make recommendations and provide reporting and analytics to leadership for use in their decision.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment managing multiple stakeholders.
- Problem solver; self-starter; high degree of creativity to find new ways to reach and communicate to customers and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Critical thinker with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ArcGIS, Salesforce.
- Ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
- Writing sample and writing assessment may be required.
- Testing will be required.
- Word, Excel
- We encourage you to immediately begin preparing for any tests required in this job posting.
- Link to Study Guides
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Southern California Edison, please call Human Resources at (800) 500-4723, and choose option 3 for the Employee Information Center. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific time, except Wednesdays when the center closes at 2:30 p.m., and holidays, or (800) 352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY).
Job posted: 2017-10-11