Government Relations Analyst
Government Relations Analyst
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The successful candidate will develop and maintain positive working relationships with both
internal and external partners to identify and secure funding opportunities at the Country, Federal and State level government entities to support Honeywell strategic projects. This position will collaborate cross SBG to identify and secure Grant, Incentive and Tax incentive (GIT) opportunities. In addition, the candidate will develop and maintain relationships with government entities at the Federal and State level to support the Honeywell Political Action (PAC) activities This position reports to the Director of Business Incentives.
- Strong process and systems orientation with focus on, speed, cost, quality and customer value
creation, and results.
- Strong project management and organization
- Ability to lead projects with little direction; handle multiple projects with a range of business interests working in multiple locations globally. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as ability to provide sound and reliable
judgment in complex situations.
- Flexibility and resilience, including ability to adapt to changing/uncertain conditions. Ability to work
collaboratively in a matrixed team environment.
- Effective communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Acute attention to capital investment strategies and understanding of budget structure
- .Develop professional working partnerships with various functions such as (HR, Legal, Communications, Finance, Engineers, Site Leadership).Develop professional working partnerships with Government entities on multiple levels for Country, Federal and State level.
- Work with outside consultants to support GIT projects.
- Ensure on time delivery for GIT projects.
- Perform site visits as necessary to facilitate project completion and proactively identify project
opportunities and potential.
- Develop professional working relationships with Universities to leverage training grant opportunities. Develop and maintain solid interpersonal communication skills required to build consensus among diverse participants.
- Ability to effectively and concisely tailor complex technical data to the intended Government audience for project submission and consideration.
- Proficient in Country, Federal and State incentive programs.
- Work in partnership with program managers.
- Develop a basic understanding of required support documentation and application completion
- Adhere to the application process and subsequent follow-up. Develop and maintain congressional relationships in support of Honeywell PAC activities. Attend events as necessary in support of Honeywell PAC activities
- Various support duties as assigned but not limited to:
- Support processing of GR consultant and foundation invoices
- Managing GR consultant agreements.
- Compiling and maintaining recurring reporting and quarterly presentation.
- Editing the weekly GR newsletter.
- Maintaining lobbying reporting and compliance
20 Federal and State outreach 20 Manage HIPAC activities 20 Attend government meetings 20 Contribute to strategic planning 20 Develop external relationships
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Previous experience working for a Government entity preferred.
- Previous economic development experience preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, outlook, project, excel).
- Ability to present clear understandable ideas in both written and verbal manner.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD51053
- Category: Legal
- Location: 101 Constitution Ave NW Ste 500W, Washington DC, DC 20001 USA
Learn more here
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Job posted: 2019-01-03