Government Relations Associate
Government Relations Associate
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) is a right-of-center non-profit advocacy organization based in Washington, DC, that engages policymakers and the public about responsible, conservative solutions to address our nation’s energy, economic, and environmental security while increasing America’s competitive edge.
CRES is seeking a government relations professional based in Washington, DC, to support CRES’ growing federal team. The ideal Republican candidate will have 2-4 years of Capitol Hill experience that includes the development and advancement of clean energy innovation policy, and conservative, market-based solutions to address climate change. This position will report to the Vice President of Government Relations and work closely with the Senior Policy Advisor.
- Support the Vice President of Government Relations and Senior Policy Advisor in the development and implementation of CRES’ federal policy priorities that seeks to lower carbon emissions and expand clean energy technologies while embracing a limited-government role;
- Assist with building and maintaining exceptional professional relationships with policymakers and their staffs for the purposes of gathering legislative intelligence, garnering support for key legislation and building trust and credibility;
- Assist in drafting legislative and policy proposals; coordinate CRES’ support of legislation;
- Monitor, analyze, and report on emerging legislation, regulations, and policy developments
- Research and prepare issue briefs, letters, one-pagers, action alerts, bill summaries, talking points, internal memos, and other content as needed;
- Track committee activities and manage a system to track issues of importance to CRES;
- Manage and coordinate meetings and events on behalf of CRES with elected and appointed officials and their staff;
- Work cross-functionally with other CRES staff and consultants on projects, as assigned.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Two to four years of experience on Capitol Hill that includes climate/clean energy policy; committee experience is preferred;
- Excellent organizational and communications skills, strict attention to detail and an ability to multitask, meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to write issue briefs, communications to stakeholders;
- Strong presentation skills, including ability to prepare PowerPoint presentations for external audiences;
- Ability to work with a dynamic and mission-driven team.
- Comprehensive medical & dental, vision, fully paid for employee
- Generous paid time off
- Four weeks paid parental leave
- 6 Federal Holidays plus 2 floating holidays
- Week off between December 25 and January 1
- Matching 401k
- Fully paid short- and long-term disability premiums
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Paid parking or commute stipend
- Professional development stipend
- Annual bonuses and year-end bonus have been historically awarded
- Gym availability in office building
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Government Relations Associate” as the subject line for your e-mail. We review applications on a rolling basis, so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible. CRES is an equal opportunity employer. A background check is required before a formal offer is made to any candidate.
Job posted: 2020-11-21