Government Relations Associate
DoorDash is hiring a government relations coordinator to support our growing government relations team. Reporting to the Global Head of Government Relations, you will support a growing team of federal, state, and local GR professionals in areas critical to the success of the function.
Based in San Francisco, Sacramento, or Washington, DC, you will facilitate management and operations within the GR department, assist with GR content development; provide administrative support to the Head of GR; and coordinate efforts among the policy functions.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Support the Government Relations team by tracking local, state, and federal legislative activity, including hearings, markups, reports and other legislative activity.
- Manage political contributions and political and policy group memberships.
- Manage external consultant and vendor onboarding, contract administration, and payment.
- Manage the production of reports that capture and communicate Government Relations activities and key upcoming events. Assisting in the drafting of letters, presentations, fact sheets, white papers, and other supporting documents.
- Helping the Government Relations team prepare for both external and internal engagements.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a BS or BA from an accredited university
- You have 3+ years of experience serving in government at the state level or working directly on public policy issues
- You thrive under pressure and have a proven ability to achieve hard-fought policy outcomes
- You have an understanding of government relations, including an understanding of political engagement compliance
- You are a strong writer
- You are organized, collaborative, and have a bias for action
- You’re a self-starter; you’re intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate
- Government and in-house experience
- Significant state-level experience
- Experience in the tech industry, particularly the on-demand economy
- Spanish language proficiency
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-30