Government Relations & Contracts Manager
Full Job Description
Burrtec Waste Industries, Inc. is a well-established refuse and recycling collection company serving over fifteen municipalities throughout Southern California and employing over 1200 full time employees. Burrtec continues to grow through co. acquisitions and successful bid proposals. Burrtec is a family owned company that firmly believes the key element to our success is knowing how important each employee is in the organization. We are currently seeking a Government Relations & Contracts Manager in our Fontana Location.
Government Relations & Contracts Manager is responsible for the retention, management, and compliance of municipal waste hauling contracts.
- Establish and maintain strategic community partnerships to build significant, long-term relationships
- Build, maintain and manage relationships with elected officials, city staff, and key decision makers and industry influencers in contracted communities
- Develop and execute community and municipal strategic plans and programs, both short and long range
- Participate in education and community outreach activities including but not limited to, print, electronic media, and direct mail campaigns
- Develop procedures for administering contracts, and ensure team members meet or exceed municipal outreach requirements and regulatory compliance documentation.
- Stay up-to-date on all laws, rules and regulations applicable to the areas municipal operations, and adherence to overall
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicates to and works with executive and regional management to resolve unique prospective customer issues
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services and pricing structures.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Political Science or similar area of study, in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED and 4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience: Eight years of relevant work experience in government relations, outside sales, public service, or related field (in addition to education requirement)
- Ability to create clear, concise detail oriented plans and complete tasks by assigned deadlines
- Ability to interact with and present to municipal customers/government agency representatives and company management on a variety of business issues
- Strong active listening skills: gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points of view being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
- Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization and with external customers and vendors
- Functional knowledge and ability to use Office based programs (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and manage several different projects at a time, independently.
- Must have valid California Drivers License and reliable transportation.
- Standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time – up to 8 hours or more per day
- Manual dexterity and vision sufficient to operate a personal computer for long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist or eye strain.
- Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone.
We provide competitive salary commensurate upon experience, and EXCELLENT benefits package including 401K and 100% paid medical/dental/life insurance and holidays/vacations/PSLs.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-25