Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Relations Coordinator
Contribute to an active advocacy team and develop health policy expertise. Support the Society’s Government Relations Department with grassroots coordination, congressional and administrative correspondence, lobbying activities, events planning, membership activities, and office administration. This position reports to the VP, Government Relations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Grassroots and PAC Activities
- Schedule, coordinate, and provide direct support for STS member meetings with policymakers on Capitol Hill and at government agencies, in state/district offices, and on facility tours and site visits.
- Coordinate the STS-Advocacy Conference and related activities.
- Draft grassroots action alerts, STS Advocacy Monthly, and other member communications.
- Promote STS Advocacy on social media platforms.
- Assist in content development and keep STS advocacy and PAC online resources up-to-date.
- Support growth and development of STS Key Contacts and Key Contact Leaders programs and STS-PAC.
Governance and Office Administration
- Update and maintain STS grassroots and PAC databases and webpages.
- Provide administrative support to the operations of the STS DC office.
- Provide administrative support for STS-PAC operations.
- Actively monitor news sources for issues of interest to STS advocacy.
- Coordinate meetings of the Council on Health Policy and Relationships Operating Board Meetings Workforce on Health Policy, Reform, and Advocacy, and related Task Forces.
- Coordinate responses to STS member questions or requests for information.
Experience and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in related field is required.
Minimum one year of related work experience is required. Experience working in health policy preferred. Capitol Hill experience a plus.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational, planning, and follow-through capabilities; attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, volunteer leaders, government officials, other organizations, and industry contacts; tact, diplomacy, and good judgment
- Positive attitude in the workplace
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing daily activities and schedules
- Ability to travel, as necessary
Energy, creativity, initiative, eagerness to learn, and professionalism required. Candidate must exemplify the STS Core Values of Leadership, Quality, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Professionalism, Innovation, and Collaboration.
Inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-29