Government Relations Coordinator
The Government Relations Coordinator Provides confidential executive-level support, manages and coordinates the administrative functions within the office of the Vice President for Government Relations New York, and attends meetings and events with government officials.
Essential responsibilities include:
1. Supports the VP Government Relations NY with their efforts in meeting the institutional goals, as well as the department’s goals.
2. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Berkeley’s staff, government officials, lobbyists, and the general public.
3. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work under pressure and tight deadlines. Ability to travel to and from other locations, including Albany, meetings and functions, with or without the VP, on an as-needed basis.
4. Manages special projects that require research and policy/data analysis.
5. Creates, formats, and edits correspondence and presentations, including marketing materials, government relations communication and status documents, with minimal direction.
6. Coordinates event planning and implementation of all such events related to those generated by Government Relations and those involved with Government Relations partnerships.
7. Communicates daily with the VP regarding day-to-day activities and involvement in any upcoming meetings and events and prepares VP for each meeting by providing all meeting materials.
8. Uses initiative to manage a wide variety of administrative support duties, including creating and handling the VP’s calendar and planning and managing the logistics for meetings and conferences.
9. Schedules appointments and travel for the VP and external guests of the College.
10. Manages and prioritizes incoming and outgoing communications, including internal/external mail, telephone calls, reports, etc. Files and organizes communications to ensure smooth and timely flow of information in and out of the office. Answers and places telephone calls; prepares and sends emails, faxes and outgoing mail, and files documents, including reports and letters.
11. Follows up on various activities including weekly reports, status updates, requests for information, projects, programs and events, to ensure closure, completion, and deadlines are met.
12. Manages the department’s time sheets.
13. Prepares expense reports for the VP on a monthly basis.
14. Tracks and orders office supplies for the VP and office. Processes check requests, special orders and invoices.
15. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described.
16. Supervises workflow of student aide/intern.
17. Takes minutes at meetings as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who actively supports equal access for all people, and we consider applicants for all positions regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, Gender, Age, National Origin, Marital or Veteran Status, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity or any other legally protected status.
Requirements Experience and Skills:
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated office management experience
• Strong knowledge of social media networks
• Strong knowledge of computer applications
• Extensive experience in varied professional environments
Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant area with commensurate experience.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-10-24