Government Relations Coordinator
As part of a dedicated and talented Government Relations team, the Government Relations Coordinator will provide support for the Society’s Government Relations Department, with grassroots coordination, congressional and administrative correspondence, lobbying activities, event planning, membership activities and office administration.
- Maintain the STS Key Contact program.
- Schedule, coordinate, and provide direct support for STS member meetings with policymakers on Capitol Hill and at government agencies, in-state/district offices, and on facility tours and site visits.
- Coordinate the STS-Fly In and related activities.
- Draft grassroots action alerts, STS Advocacy Monthly, and other member communications.
- Promote STS Advocacy on social media platforms.
- Support STS advocacy on Capitol Hill and with federal agencies.
Governance and Office Administration
- Provide administrative support to the operations of the STS DC office.
- Actively monitor news sources for issues of interest to STS advocacy.
- Provide support for STS-PAC administration.
- Coordinate meetings of the Council on Health Policy and Relationships Operating Board Meetings Workforce on Health Policy, Reform, and Advocacy, and related Task Forces.
- Coordinate responses to STS member questions or requests for information.
- Attend STS Annual Meeting and other meetings as required.
The ideal candidate has strong written and verbal communications skills, effectiveness at handling multiple projects simultaneously, and ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, volunteer leaders, government officials, other organizations, and industry contacts. This individual has:
- At least 2 years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Attention to detail and solid organizational, planning, and follow-through capabilities
- Positive attitude, tact, diplomacy, and good judgment
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing daily activities and schedules
- Ability to travel
- Experience working in health policy preferred
- Capitol Hill experience a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Join Our Team
The 75+ dedicated team of employees of the STS strive for excellence while upholding our Core Values of Quality, Innovation, Professionalism, Inclusiveness and Teamwork. Apply today at www.sts.org/about-sts/jobs-sts
Benefits and Perks
Competitive compensation, incredible healthcare insurances, flexible schedules, casual dress, professional development, generous time-off programs, company-matched 401(k) plan, and Wellbeing programs.
About the Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons is a growing not-for-profit organization representing more than 7,500 surgeons, researchers, and allied health care professionals worldwide who are dedicated to ensuring the best possible heart, lung, esophageal, and other surgical procedures for the chest. Founded in 1964, the mission of STS is to enhance the ability of cardiothoracic surgeons to provide the highest quality patient care through education, research, and advocacy.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply, click here
Job posted: 2020-01-29