Government Relations and Corporate Philanthropy Public Relations Consultant (Communications Senior Consultant)
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Stakeholder Relations brings together teams responsible for engaging with the company’s critical stakeholders. Responsible for monitoring the current environment and developing comprehensive stakeholder strategies across various influencer groups, the team includes: Corporate Communications, Government Relations & Public Policy, Investor Relations, Philanthropy, Community Relations and Diversity & Inclusion.
Reporting to the head of Government Relations and Corporate Philanthropy Communications, this position will focus on promoting and protecting Wells Fargo’s reputation through creative storytelling across internal and external stakeholders. He / she will develop internal and external communications strategies that align with Wells Fargo’s corporate government relations, community relations and corporate philanthropy objectives, including assisting in the roll out of a new philanthropic strategy for the company.
This highly visible position can be located in Washington, DC; Charlotte, NC or Minneapolis, and does not offer relocation assistance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Write and edit a variety of complex and/or sensitive communications including press releases, bylines and talking points
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans that incorporate internal, media, social, executive and branded channel communications
- Translate business and communications objectives for social and digital channels
- Seek opportunities to fully leverage external channels to tell and amplify our story with stakeholders in government, advocacy and philanthropic communities
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with the media and influencers
- Track and measure results to ensure they are in line with intended outcomes and business objectives
- Partner with other Corporate Communications teams and across Wells Fargo businesses to ensure effective coordination, consistency and alignment of communications strategies
The Government and Community Relations communications team leads strategic executive, internal and external communications for Government Relations and Public Policy, Corporate Responsibility, Corporate Philanthropy and Community Relations at Wells Fargo.
Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date.
- 5+ years of communications experience in one or more of the following disciplines: public relations, media relations or corporate communications
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience developing integrated communications strategies and plans that align with business objectives
- Experience developing compelling content and leveraging multiple channels for creative storytelling
- Experience writing stories across various social, internal, and digital channels
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
- Experience in government relations, public affairs or community relations communications
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
STAKEHOLDER REL/STAKEHOLDER REL
0162164STAKEHOLDER REL/STAKEHOLDER REL
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-15