Government Relations Counsel
Thank you for your interest in a position with Equitable.
The Government Relations team within the Regulatory Affairs Practice Group is looking for an experienced attorney with strong networking skills. Open to considering candidates in both New York City, NY and Albany, NY. Albany candidates, please note this role would require periodic trips to New York City campus location.
• Representing the company before state and federal regulators as well as in state and national trade organizations, and liaising with business partners regarding legislative and/or regulatory issues
• Providing legal counsel on insurance regulatory matters and pending legislation at both the state and federal level, and developing and executing advocacy strategies to drive favorable outcomes for the Company
• Responding to regulatory inquiries, including reviewing relevant state and federal laws and regulations and managing internal and external resources as appropriate
The Regulatory Affairs practice group is responsible for providing counsel on state insurance and reinsurance legal issues impacting the insurance products offered by the Company. The practice group includes the government relations team as well as a team of state insurance attorneys.
Areas of responsibility concerning the Company’s insurance products include:
• Legal counsel on insurance regulatory matters related to product design, implementation, and administration.
• Provision of legal advice with respect to reinsurance and insurance company separate account matters, as well as review of sales and marketing materials and initiatives.
The Government Relations team is responsible for:
• Serving as the primary point of contact with Federal and state regulators for Equitable and its insurance companies, including representation of the Company before state insurance departments and other regulatory bodies
• Representing the Company within industry trade organizations with respect to issues affecting the life insurance industry in general, as well as managing the Company’s relationships with such organizations
• Outstanding interpersonal and networking skills
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
Job posted: 2020-08-18