Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Relations Director
Under direction of the VP for Government Relations, this position serves as a member of the Government Relations team and is responsible for the development and execution of legislative/lobbying and political strategies to support corporate legislative goals and ensure HCSC’s interests are communicated and represented on industry and business issues with members of the Congress and other key constituents. This position is responsible for advising and assisting senior management on governmental issues; builds and maintains relationships with elected officials, key Congressional staff, Congressional caucuses, membership organizations and coalitions; and has accountability for achieving legislative goals.
* Bachelor’s Degree.
* 10 or more years of experience working with Congress, government relations, congressional lobbying, and management at the federal level.
* Knowledge of legislative process as well as understanding of health policy issues, including Medicare, Medicaid, the private health insurance market.
* Knowledge of the health insurance industry and pertinent legislation and issues impacting the industry.
* Demonstrated political confidence and ingenuity and skill in negotiating and influencing others.
* Strong planning, organizational, and analytical skills.
* Ability to achieve results under demanding time constraints and changing priorities.
* Demonstrated ability to articulate corporate position and the business implications for numerous and wide-ranging audiences.
* Strong interpersonal skills and oral/written communications skills.
* Research and analytical skills to synthesize complex legislation and regulations.
* Verbal and written communications skills.
Preferred Job Requirements:
* Direct government or political experience.
* Health care industry experience.
* Post-graduate work in Public Policy.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-18