Government Relations Director- Nebraska Medicaid
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Government Relations Director is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to advocate enterprise and state specific legislative and regulatory positions in legislative and/or regulatory environments. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements strategies to advocate enterprise and state specific legislative and regulatory positions to support business goals and objectives.
- Represents the enterprise and its specific businesses in advocacy efforts.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with legislators, regulators, other policymakers and their staff.
- Develops strategies for utilizing PAC and/or corporate political contributions.
- Maintains coalitions and target grassroots capabilities.
- Consults with SBUs and CEEs to inform and support business planning processes and proactively raise and address issues of concern.
- Makes internal and external written and oral presentations on behalf of the company.
- Develops and carries out tactics and strategies to influence trade associations and other advocacy organizations.
- Generally works with legislative sessions of less than 6 months and/or in less complex legislative and/or regulatory environments.
Requires a BA/BS in a related field; 8 years of legislative, regulatory, political, public affairs or industry experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-25