Government Relations Director-Office Based in DC (PS15836)
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Government Relations Director
Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to advocate Medicare program related regulatory positions in complex legislative, regulatory, and/or business environments.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements strategies to advocate enterprise regulatory positions to support business goals and objectives.
- Represents the enterprise and Medicare related business in advocacy efforts.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with federal regulators, other policymakers and their staff.
- Works closely with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to support day to day business functions.
- Maintains coalitions and target grassroots capabilities.
- Consults with SBUs and CEEs to inform and support business planning processes and proactively raise and address issues of concern.
- Makes internal and external written and oral presentations on behalf of the company.
- Develops and carries out tactics and strategies to influence trade associations and other advocacy organizations.
- Generally works complex legislative and regulatory environments.
Requires a BA/BS in a related field; 8 years of legislative, regulatory, political, public affairs or industry experience
Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
CMS experience preferred
Relevant regulatory experience preferred
Must have extremely good verbal and written communication skills
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-12-26