Government Relations Director Senior – PS36854
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve atone of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Location: Must reside in or around Jackson, MS
The Government Relations Director Senior is responsible for advocating enterprise and state specific legislative and regulatory positions to support business goals and objectives.
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements strategies to advocate enterprise and state specific legislative and regulatory positions to support business goals and objectives.
- Represents the enterprise and its specific businesses in advocacy efforts.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with legislators, regulators, other policymakers and their staff.
- Develops strategies for utilizing PAC and/or corporate political contributions.
- Maintains coalitions and target grassroots capabilities.
- Consults with SBUs and CEEs to inform and support business planning processes and proactively raise and address issues of concern.
Government Relations Director Senior:
Requires a BA/BS in a related field; 10 years of legislative, regulatory, political, public affairs or industry experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. MS preferred. Must reside in or near Jackson, MS
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2019 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-07