Government Relations Director, Southeast
Lime is a smart-mobility provider that offers cities an array of mobility products including Lime-E e-assist bicycles and Lime-S electric scooters. Lime aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering residents with cleaner, more efficient, and affordable transportation options that improve urban sustainability.
We are looking for a Government Relations Director to manage government relations, growth and strategy throughout the Southeast United States — with a particular focus on Florida and North Carolina, and also encompassing Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama and Mississippi.
You will be an instrumental member of the team in charting strategic growth opportunities, developing new partnerships with cities, and interfacing directly with state and city leaders. You will join a team of visionary leaders seeking to quickly expand Lime’s reach in a heavily outward facing and strategic role.
What You’ll Do
- Help our company build and execute our new markets strategy and playbook, and execute effective community affairs and government partnership development
- Help set and carry-out the public policy and advocacy agenda for the company in the Southeast U.S, particularly in Florida and North Carolina, collaborating with the other teams and executives to ensure alignment between business objectives, and policy and community outreach goals
- Develop the necessary relationships with government leaders, transit partners, businesses, organizations and other prospective partners to carry out legislative strategy and strategic development at the state and local level
- Track and advise on important changes in regulatory or legislative matters
- Evaluate, prioritize, and discern strategic paths toward the launch of new markets
- Partner with organizations, educational institutions and similar groups to align Lime’s social mission in transportation, health, and the environment to improve our community outreach initiatives
- Collaborate with marketing and communications teams
- Support the company’s work with strategic advisers and local consultants
- Preferred Location: Charlotte, NC or Miami, FL. Open to other locations in the Southeast U.S.
- 10+ years experience in government affairs, campaigns, and/or business development in a government-related environment
- Existing transportation, government, and advocacy contacts in cities throughout the region
- Past experience developing state legislative strategies and/or campaigns
- Excellent communications skills along with the ability to speak in public
- Tenacious disposition and aptitude for overcoming obstacles
- Ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels
- Pure hustle: We are a startup, which means not everything will go according to plan. You are a high-energy person who is not afraid of jumping in where needed
- Focus on executing: Being on the front edge of our growth strategy means you are doing a million things at once. You can prioritize and execute well while maintaining long-term strategic focus
- An analytical and strategic mindset: You can quickly discern the cost-benefit analysis of your time, the company’s resources, and drive the business toward high-impact initiatives and efficient growth
- Real passion for sustainability, politics, urban planning, mobility, using tech for good
- Available for travel
- Bachelor’s degree required
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban micromobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-26