Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Relations Engagement Manager
The Government Engagement Manager will manage the M&T/Wilmington Trust Political Action Committee (M&T PAC) and work with M&T’s Government Relations team on political engagement activities. The incumbent will cultivate relationships to build PAC participation and support the team to promote effective interaction with government officials. Responsible for tracking Federal and State legislation and creating talking points and one-pagers for internal and external use.
- Manage the bank’s Political Action Committee, M&T PAC, including fundraising, developing, and managing budgets, PAC disbursements, and analysis of effectiveness of PAC activities. Manage M&T PAC Committee meetings.
- Work with the PAC Committee, Legal, Compliance and Communications partners to develop and implement an annual enterprise-wide M&T PAC solicitation that generates increased employee engagement and contributions.
- Foster a culture of political engagement.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments at federal, state, and local levels. Maintain system to identify and track federal and state legislation. Work with Government Relations colleagues and internal partners to document policy positions and distribute information to internal decisions makers.
- Develop creative content for Government Relations and M&T PAC communications, including educational and solicitation materials, annual and semi-annual reports, newsletters, and websites that articulate purpose, vision, and goals.
- Coordinate with Regional Presidents and leadership teams to provide Government Relations and PAC updates, communicate engagement opportunities, and plan events that support engagement with elected officials.
- Ensure compliance with lobbying and PAC reporting requirements. Complete LD-2 and LD203 filings.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion and reflects the M&T Bank brand and values.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- M&T’s Government Relations department is an enterprise-wide function responsible for developing and executing on a holistic strategy to educate government officials about the value that M&T brings to their communities and constituents.
- The Government Relations team represents M&T at the federal, state, and local levels, to advance and protect its long-term interest through engagement with elected officials. As a community focused bank, its Government Relations approach is based on building trust with government officials and maintaining enduring relationships with the bank.
- The team works in close collaboration with the Office of the Chairman, Regional Leadership, Communications, Legal and Regulatory Affairs. The Government Engagement Manager position entails extensive contact with internal and external stakeholders. The incumbent will interact with senior M&T leadership and represent M&T with industry trade associations and government officials at the direction of the Government Relations team leadership.
- Position is designated Political Action Committee Treasurer and provides lobbying/engagement representation in DC.
- Incumbent works under general supervision.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, history, business or related field and a minimum of 3 years relevant government, public affairs, or communications experience or, in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 7 years of higher education/work experience to include relevant government, public affairs, or communications experience.
- Proven relationship and coalition building skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to articulate complex policy issues clearly and concisely.
- Familiarity with legislative and regulatory processes at federal, state, and local levels.
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Experience managing a PAC.
- Understanding of the financial services industry.
- Public policy, government, political campaigns experience.
- Ability to travel to community bank regions and to attend political events.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-25