Government Relations Executive
The Government Relations Executive will promote legislative efforts that are beneficial to CAA and collaborate with Corporate Communications on campaigns to earn the backing of government officials and the public. Reporting will be to the General Counsel. As a government relations executive, job duties include staying current on existing and proposed legislation, meeting with local, state and federal government officials and lobbyists, and updating management on relevant laws and regulations.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with federal, state and local government officials
- Coordinate with various departments and colleagues to provide input to local and state officials
- Provide operational support to, and develop strategies pertaining to, all legislative processes and ensure compliance with public policies and objectives
- Perform research and analyze relevant regulations at federal and state levels with an aim to formulate and recommend strategic approaches
- Prepare summaries and analyze relevant legislation and materials obtained from government officials and regulatory bodies in order to formulate and recommend strategic approaches
- Maintain, monitor and direct the Company’s lobbyists at all state levels in order to achieve the company’s goals
- Perform research on relevant legal issues and work with corporate communications team to help develop government affairs communications
- Participate in relevant trade associations to represent and advocate for the company’s interests
- Evaluate and stay up to date on all applicable state regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations or political science
- 10+ years of experience in government affairs roles and in a legislative office (Congressional or state) and/ or experience in entertainment/ media
- Strong written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong policy research and legislative analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within deadline pressures and manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to work and collaborate in dynamic team environments, including with remote team members
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Relationship building skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of state and/or federal legislative and regulatory processes
CAA provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CAA will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform their essential functions unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the Company. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination of employment, and access to benefits and training.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Job posted: 2020-06-17