Government Relations Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture’s or our clients’ business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of government relations strategies that advance business objectives in digital and technology
- Develop and implement policy positions on emerging digital and technology issues, including but not limited to cybersecurity, data privacy, artificial intelligence, 5G, big data, analytics, blockchain, cloud, quantum computing and the Internet of Things
- Facilitate and advance senior leadership engagement in government relations strategies on digital and technology issues, including development of relationships with policymakers, as well as other relevant senior government officials, trade associations, and think tanks
- Advocate on behalf of the company before policymakers, as well as other government officials, regulators, stakeholder organizations, trade associations, and think tanks
- Work collaboratively with our business and communications/marketing teams to identify and create impactful policy positioning opportunities at the intersection of government and business, with a focus on digital and technology issues
- Assist in the development and implementation of a political engagement strategy that includes building support for the voluntary political action committee (PAC) and coordinating disbursements consistent with that strategy
- Assist in the integration of political outreach and engagement as part of corporate citizenship and community initiatives
- Work collaboratively across Legal and with other corporate functions to manage reputational and enterprise risks to the company as required
- Assist in coordination of outside consultants for advocacy before policymakers, government officials, regulators, trade associations, other companies and think tanks
- Build deep relationships with government and elected officials, industry trade associations, think tanks, alliance partners, and industry representatives
- Leverage external resources, including trade associations, consultants, and think tanks, for advocacy and other initiatives to advance digital and technology priorities and objectives
- Work collaboratively with global government relations team to identify & create opportunities that advance shared priorities and objectives
- Monitor, analyze, and report on relevant legislative and regulatory policies, including but not limited to cybersecurity, data privacy, artificial intelligence, 5G, big data, analytics, blockchain, cloud computing, the Internet of Things, robotics and quantum computing.
- Monitor, analyze, and report key legislative and regulatory proceedings and developments impacting the company’s clients, including but not limited to cybersecurity, data privacy, artificial intelligence, 5G, big data, analytics, blockchain, cloud computing, quantum computing and the Internet of Things
- Senior Manager, North American Government Relations – Technology
- Government officials
- External lobbyists
- Trade associations
- Industry representatives
- Outside ethics counsel
- External consultants
- Some travel required
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-06-20