Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Relations Manager #22-6382
Represents the organization at the state legislature to advance HMSA’s government relations strategies. Assists in the development of HMSA’s public policy positions, builds and strengthens relationships with government leaders and health care stakeholders, and plans and implements external educational activities to promote HMSA’s objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Legislative & Regulatory Analysis: Develop and analyze significant public policy initiatives both locally and nationally. Coordinate with BCBSA and individual Blue Plans to generate abstracts of legislative and regulatory issues across the country. Ideate and collaborate with internal stakeholders on business needs to develop recommendations for said policy initiatives.
- Advocacy: Represent HMSA publicly at legislative hearings, government task forces and health care stakeholder meetings. Publicly testify/speak before legislative and governmental bodies. Build and expand relationships with public officials and policy stakeholders at the state level.
- Communication: Develop written testimony, position papers, presentations memos and email that concisely and clearly identifies the policy questions/issues for consideration by multiple audiences; internal stakeholders, legislators, policy advocates & health care stakeholder interests.
- Special projects to include, but not limited to, HMSA Employee PAC & Hawaii Assn of Health Plans Board of Directors.
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned or directed.
Exempt or Non-Exempt
- Bachelor’s degree and six years of related experience, such as legislative/government relations; or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Working knowledge of Hawaii’s legislative environment and government program operations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic working knowledge in Microsoft Excel.
- Intermediate working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with access to an automobile with current license, registration, and no-fault insurance.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-21