Government Relations Manager
Job Posting Title
Government Relations Manager
The Government Relations Manager assists the VP of Government Relations (GR), as well as the global GR team, in executing Aristocrat’s GR strategy across the Americas. The role proactively monitors and helps to shape regulation, legislation and policy in areas that could impact Aristocrat’s regulated (gaming) business, either from an operational or strategic perspective. The role supports the execution of the business’ regional growth strategies and priorities, including by building strong internal networks and effective business partnering, and by building external relationships among government and industry to promote Aristocrat’s business, reputation, and values.
What you’ll do
- Location can be Las Vegas, NV or Washington DC
- Execute the Global GR strategy, particularly as it relates to the Americas region.
- Build and maintain constructive relationships in support of Aristocrat’s business and growth strategy. Key external stakeholders will include regulators (in consultation with Group Compliance), relevant local, state and federal policy makers, government agencies, key customer and industry bodies and other relevant stakeholders.
- Represent Aristocrat externally, and enhance the business’ reputation among key government, industry and regulatory stakeholders and audiences.
- Execute stakeholder engagement plans to support delivery of the GR Strategy. Provide relevant government relations insights and leverage expertise to help unlock new business and other operational opportunities in the region.
- Provide strategic oversight of industry peak body sponsorships in the states and territories as needed.
- Monitor and analyse legislation, regulation or public opinion that could impact our business or our customers in the region.
- Proactively protect and support the interest of Aristocrat as it relates to legislative bodies across the U.S.
- Become a reliable liaison with business units seeking information on any/all legislative insight.
- Implement appropriate response strategies, and report on progress and developments, with the support of GR resources in other geographies.
- Work closely with other Aristocrat stakeholders (including in Corporate Affairs, Responsible Gameplay, Legal, Regulatory and Compliance teams) to ensure advocacy is coordinated, appropriate and consistent with Aristocrat’s policies, values, good reputation and all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare key GR communications internally and externally which may include newsletters, leave behinds and briefing documents.
- Prepare reporting where required; for example, contributing as needed to Annual Reports and Corporate Social Responsibility disclosures.
- Seek opportunities to highlight Aristocrat’s efforts regarding Responsible Gameplay in the U.S.
- Assist the global GR team in the execution of Aristocrat’s Strategic Plan where possible, as part of the global GR function.
- Conduct timely and accurate research as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic credentials.
- Experience working within a compliance driven culture.
- Track record of effective advocacy, with a commercial mindset.
- 5+ years of experience of relevant public policy / government relations strategy and/or gaming industry experience in the U.S.
- Understanding of legislative and policy development processes in the U.S.
- Existing personal network with lawmakers, gaming regulators, and relevant industry associations an advantage.
- Outstanding personal integrity, discipline and maturity.
- Organized and detail oriented, with a strong work ethic and initiative.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral advocacy skills.
- Ability to function well in a global, fast paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively across cultures, and in a diverse environment.
- Collaborative work style, with the ability to build consensus and drive for results.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and maintain relationships and build engagement both internally and externally.
World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
Robust benefits package
Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
We’re pioneers in our field and relentless in our pursuit of excellence. Aristocrat is an ideas company at heart, which means innovation is embedded into every aspect of our business. Whether we’re designing sleek new cabinets, premium game content or award-winning systems, we apply fresh thinking and creativity to deliver the world’s greatest gaming experience, every day. With cool new titles such as Game of Thrones TM, Sons of Anarchy and Lightning Link along with our award winning app Heart of Vegas, we’re continually pushing the bar of creativity.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-17