Government Relations Manager
Join our Winning Team as a Government Relations Manager
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, our culture is strong and our team is connected!
As a Government Relations Manager you will be a part of the Data Acquisition team.
- Assess, influence, create and/or resolve potential administrative, regulatory and/or legislative issues impacting areas of responsibility.
- Certify use of CARFAX products and services across all US jurisdictions and assist in negotiating key terms/contracts with state agencies.
- Stay abreast of state legislation and regulations that may impact the use of vehicle data
- Develop and maintain key relationships across state government, with focus on Departments of Insurance
- Maintain relationships with trade associations with similar and opposing interests
- Educate internal sales and actuarial teams regarding filing issues and progress in overcoming those issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in government or political science
- 3-5 years government relations/public policy experience (insurance industry focus preferred)
- Proven understanding and working knowledge of state legislative and regulatory process
- Experienced in answering questions and creating/negotiating win-win situations, while being persistent in working to achieve goals
- Familiarity and comfort with performance based-metrics
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver presentations, strategy documents and correspondence in clear, concise and persuasive manor
- Demonstrable experience as a proven project manager
- Prior experience managing governmental affairs within a multi-state territory
- Previous experience managing outside consultants in a multi-jurisdictional setting to achieve goals
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-11