Government Relations Manager
Responsible for developing and implementing all aspects of YVFWC government relations necessary to improve and protect its mission and goals. Yakima, WA
Responsible for developing and implementing all aspects of YVFWC government relations necessary to improve and protect its mission and goals.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Public Affairs, Public Health, Health Administration, or related field Preferred Education: Master’s degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Public Affairs, Public Health, Health Administration, or related field .
- Experience: Five years’ experience analyzing legislation, state budgets and public policy research. Preferred Experience: Experience in health care and health policy. Professional
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Current Washington State Driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage required
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Must understand Washington and Oregon legislative timelines, procedural requirements and lobby rules. Must be knowledgeable of the legislative life-cycle through bill development, passage, adoption and rulemaking. Must have a strong ability to research, analyze and develop public policy advocacy strategies, and collaborate with other stakeholders around topics of shared concerned. Strong communication skills (written and verbal), planning and time management skills, ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, sound professional judgement. Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and maintain confidentiality while working with various groups of people with strong and differing opinions. Must be able to maintain effective partnerships with public and private sector partners.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-19