Government Relations Manager
• Experience of at least two years in government or private sector organization with government relations or marketing focus
• Exceptional written communication and presentation development skills with proven experience supporting headquarters staff or senior level executive or congressional leaders
• Efficient and effective planning and organizational skills, including extraordinary attention to detail
• The ability to multi-task and work well under deadline pressure
• College degree in political science, marketing, business, or communications
L5085:Govt Relations Mgr
The Government Affairs Government Relations Manager will be responsible to provide operations management, project management and research and analytical support for Government Affairs Senior Leadership on US Government, political, legislative and regulatory issues of importance to the company. Additionally, the individual will assist the Operations Directon in management of day to day operations and manage various cross-functional projects related to overall government affairs mission and operations.
Responsibilities will include:
• strategic project development support for Operations Director and SVP projects
• leading special projects
• assisting in management of recurring organization rhythms
• coordinating and managing actions and deliverables across the organization and support functions
• supporting integration efforts across the function
• preparing presentations and written communications and procedures to support Director of Operations and overall LMGA mission support.
• interfacing with stakeholders across the business to generate artifacts that inform the strategic and tactical direction of the organization.
• Managing various cross-functional projects related to overall government affairs mission
• Prior experience supporting defense policy issues.
• Previous Pentagon experience supporting senior level organizations
• Prior experience managing operations of complex organizations
• Experience working with senior level leaders
• Experience developing plans and procedures
• Proficiency in public policy research and analysis
• High level of proficiency in presentation development, design and preparation.
• Strong communications skills
• Able to work without constant supervision
• Self starter
Other Important Information
By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to work remotely
Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Select the Telework classification for this position
Employee will work on-site full-time
Ability to Telecommute
Part time telecommuting
Work Schedule Information
Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
9×80 every other Friday off
Security Clearance Information
This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-25