Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Relations Manager
Company: Milliken and Company
Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for “knowledge-based” investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken’s more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
Government Relations Manager
The Government Relations Manager will be an instrumental part of the Milliken Government Relations team. The primary responsibility of the Manager is to help advance the company’s legislative and regulatory priorities.
This position requires strong analytical and writing skills, a superior EQ, and project management. This position is in Washington, DC, and will report to the Director of Government Relations.
- Represent Milliken with government stakeholders, policymakers, trade associations, and other relevant organizations.
- Manage the Milliken PAC, including internal communications, solicitations, and events.
- Coordinate Milliken responses and public comments on proposed laws, regulations, and Executive Orders.
- Manage internal and external quarterly updates on Government Relations activity.
- Maintain the team’s calendar and manage objectives execution.
- Monitor government activity on company priorities. Conduct analysis on implications for Milliken.
- Assist the company with special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-7 years of relevant experience, preferably in the US federal government
- Previous project management or policy experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects at one time
The successful candidate will have strengths in the following:
- High emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Public speaking and presentation creation
- Previous work experience in the federal government preferred
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Job posted: 2022-01-05