Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Relations Manager
Join Team CARFAX as a Government Relations Manager:
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. And just announced, the return of the 4-day work week from Memorial Day through Labor Day! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!
As a Government Relations Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing state government initiatives related to automotive insurance.
- Assess, influence, create and/or resolve potential administrative, regulatory and/or legislative issues impacting areas of responsibility.
- Certify use of CARFAX products and services across all US jurisdictions and assist in negotiating key terms/contracts with state agencies.
- Stay abreast of state legislative, regulatory and filing actions that may impact the use of vehicle data
- Develop and maintain key relationships across state government, with focus on Departments of Insurance
- Maintain relationships with trade associations with similar and opposing interests
- Educate internal sales and actuarial teams regarding filing issues and progress in overcoming those issues
In order to be successful in this role you will possess:
- Top-tier work ethic, highly driven and self-motivated
- Strong analytical skills, with a proven ability to develop actionable insights
- Ability to be proactive and look for opportunities to expand current partnerships
- Ability to manage multiple technically complex projects across a portfolio of strategic partnerships
- Must be able to represent CARFAX business interests at industry events and partner meetings and travel up to 20% of the time
- Ability to take complex technical details and “boil them down” to relevant summaries of information
- Passion for working in a collaborative environment and leveraging the “wisdom of crowds” philosophy
- Bachelor’s Degree in political science, public policy, public administration, or a related field
- 5+ years government relations/public policy experience (insurance industry focus preferred)Proven understanding and working knowledge of state legislative and regulatory process
- Experienced in answering questions and creating/negotiating win-win situations, while being persistent in working to achieve goals
- Familiarity and comfort with performance based-metrics
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver presentations, strategy documents and correspondence in clear, concise and persuasive manor
- Demonstrable experience as a proven project manager
- Prior experience managing governmental affairs activities within a multi-state territory
- Previous experience managing outside consultants in a multi-jurisdictional setting to achieve goals.
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-25