Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Relations Manager
The Government Relations Manager is responsible for managing and administering the local political advocacy and public policy activities for the association, in support of the real estate industry. This position includes coordination with both the National Association of REALTORS® and the state association.
- Committee Liaison: Staff liaison to the Governmental Affairs Committee. Works with the chair to set agendas, invite guest speakers, and educate the committee. Work with committee to identify issue priorities, action strategies, and develop minutes. Updates the committee on federal and state collaborative efforts.
- Lead Advocate: Based on issue priorities, leads advocacy efforts on behalf of the association on a local level. Work directly with lawmakers and regulators to monitor issues, and educate them on association positions.
- National/State Connection: Collaborates with NAR on both federal candidates and issues. Collaborates with the state association on both state candidates and issues.
- REALTOR® Party Efforts: Supports Calls for Action, writes grants to utilize Realtor Party initiatives. Encourages participation in the Broker Involvement program, and uses the Land Use Initiative to review local ordinances.
- REALTOR® Political Action Committee (RPAC): Staff liaison to the RPAC Committee. Develops a plan for reaching RPAC investment goals. Executes plan and insures compliance with state and federal law. Works with the RPAC Committee to identify candidates for support and funding.
- Coalitions: Builds local relationships to assist in furthering issue priorities.
- Education: Write articles for the newsletter, blog, and uses other communication vehicles to educate the association membership about advocacy efforts and supported candidates.
- Branding: Coordinates with the public relations manager to secure earned media for advocacy related issues. Build positive relationships with local media contacts.
- Administration: Assists CEO with budget for governmental affairs, and related activities. Maintain department files, and serves as key contact for association staff relating to government affairs activities.
- Core Standards: Assists CEO to insure related NAR Core Standards are achieved annually.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in governmental affairs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to take complicated information and communicate it simply.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work hours are Monday – Friday 8 to 5 pm with occasional evening and weekend activities. Travel out of town once or twice annually for two to four days.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- Ability to view/enter data for long periods of time.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-06-18