Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Relations Manager
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty is hiring a Government Relations Manager to join our
External Affairs Department.
We are a mission-driven team that places high value on strategy, dynamism, and our values.
You will be joining a growing team whose mission is to promote a highly respected organization
meeting unprecedented challenges in a complex geopolitical climate. As authoritarian governments around the world crack down on a free press, RFE/RL’s mission remains vital.
Telling the organization’s story is key to its’ future and the lives of millions around the world.
This role is an exciting opportunity to design and execute a strategy that raises the profile of the
organization with our most important stakeholders and partners.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE ENTAIL?
As a Government Relations Manager in the External Affairs team based in DC, you will work
in tandem with the President of RFE/RL and the Head of External Affairs to design and execute a comprehensive outreach plan. To do this you will:
- interact with Congressional and Executive branch offices (primarily State Department) to proactively raise RFE/RL’s profile;
- organize briefings for senior USG officials and Congressional offices;
- develop, draft, and disseminate outreach products to Government offices, including Congressional letters;
- manage timely handling of Congressional queries;
- monitor and track relevant legislative proposals, Congressional briefings, and hearings;
- draft Congressional testimony;
- monitor and coordinate Congressional visits to RFE/RL bureaus and Prague headquarters;
- regularly brief RFE/RL management on Congressional activity and interest;
ARE YOU THE RIGHT CANDIDATE?
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 7 years’ total experience working in the legislative and/or executive branch of the USG
- A proven interest and experience in communications work, either public or private sector
- A degree in communications, political science, journalism, international relations or related field or equivalent
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- A high level of energy and enthusiasm for the mission and role
- A belief in the power of a free press to build a better future
- The ability to think and plan strategically
- Native level written and spoken English; excellent verbal and written communications skills.
A complete list of responsibilities and qualifications can be found in the job description published at RFE/RL website: https://www.rferl.org/jobs/detail/COM1111-2201.html
Only CVs and cover letters in English will be accepted.
To learn more about us please refer to our web page: https://pressroom.rferl.org/about-us
If you believe you are qualified for this role and would be inspired to work in a dynamic setting, at an international media organization whose mission is to provide accurate and reliable news to audiences in countries where a free press is banned by the government, or not fully established please apply here: https://apply.teamio.com/
Job posted: 2022-10-25