Government Relations Manager Global Strategy Program
HP Inc. is seeking to recruit a Government Relations manager for the Global Strategy Program (GSP). GSP is part of the Government Relations team and focuses on long-term political megatrends, policy analysis, and process innovation.
The GR manager, in partnership with the Global Trade Compliance officers, is responsible for coordinating the development of global trade public policy positions, being a liaison with the Global Trade team and the Supply Chain organization, as well as being the liaison person for the Tax organization. The GR Manager will also be responsible to help developing policy positions by aligning internally and externally with subject matter experts.
The position will report to the Head of GRs Global Strategy Program and will coordinate closely with regional GR and Global Trade teams to develop policy positions and influence trade discussions on the ground in countries around the world.
The key responsibilities include:
- In consultation with HP businesses and other global functions, this position will project manage an annual process to update the company’s senior leadership on the relative health of our market access/supply chain
- Develop positions and influencing strategy for global or regional trade agreements
- Contribute to the Enterprise Risk Management process on trade- and supply chain-related risks
- Regularly update trade and tax policy positions and assist the Government Relations team to distribute actionable content for use by advocacy teams inside and outside of Government Relations
- Monitor legislation and consult with Global Trade Compliance Officers to determine HP’s position
- Grow the network of relationships in key jurisdictions important to global trade
- Ensure all activities are conducted according to HP’s Standards of Business Conduct.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in a government relations or public affairs role
- Deep knowledge of global trade and tax policy issues
- Experience leading the development and implementation of government relations strategies for political organizations and/or companies
- Experience working in a business environment, providing advice and counsel to senior management and presenting to senior level boards and committees
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills and a proven track record of producing high quality content and materials
- Experience in executive communications
- Outstanding organizational abilities including the capacity to manage government relations functions regionally, and manage several different workstreams at one time
- Experience of providing Government Relations advice and support to businesses and/or organizations competing for public sector business is desired
- Enjoys a fast-paced and collaborative workplace and comfortable with virtual communications
- Fluency in English, other languages are an asset, in particular Chinese
- Some travel required
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-02-24