Government Relations Officer
Build relationships with elected and other government officials and their staff to create stronger partnerships in the fight against hunger and poverty. Build HFB’s movement toward its vision, “a world that doesn’t need food banks.” Research, formulate and implement advocacy strategies with key stakeholder groups, including grassroots community advocates. Monitor hunger and poverty-related activities at all levels of government. Serve during times of disaster as a liaison to government entities and coordinate resources with HFB departments, along with state and national associations and coalitions. Collaborate across departments to develop advocates throughout HFB, maintain data sources and web pages to support strategic communications on advocacy issues, and partner on special projects to further the mission of providing food for better lives.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Political Science, Public Affairs or related degree, or 3-5 years related experience. 3-5 YEARS IN PUBLIC POLICY OR RELATED WORK. Strategic interaction with elected officials; fluency in government policy and funding processes.
- Strategic thinking
- Strong Verbal and Written Communications
- Basic Graphic layout.
The successful applicant will possess excellent communication skills (writing, editing and speaking); a detail orientation; strong work ethic; and ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment. Other qualifications include:
· A passion for equity and ending poverty
· Exceptional organizational and logistical skills
· Excellent analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work with a diverse array of stakeholders
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Attention to detail
· Command of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
· Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and to work as part of a team
· Proficiency in English, verbal and written, required. Ability to speak/write in Spanish, Mandarin/Chinese, Vietnamese, or other languages is desired but not required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-29