Government Relations – PAC Director
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States, representing manufacturers in every industrial sector and in all 50 states. The mission of the NAM is to be the voice for all manufacturing in the United States.
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is seeking a Political Action Committee (PAC) Director to join our Government Relations team to manage and grow the association’s PAC. This new position is responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of NAM-PAC, as well as coordination of NAM-PAC-hosted industry fundraisers. The position requires a highly motivated, team-oriented candidate with fundraising and association PAC management experience, strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a multi-year fundraising, marketing and communications plan with the goal of substantially growing donors, potential donors, and PAC dollars raised.
- Manage all NAM-PAC solicitation efforts, including development of strategies for internal and external fundraising campaigns, as well as management of prior authorization campaigns.
- Develop and provide frequent communications for PAC contributors regarding NAM-PAC activities.
- Maintain NAM-PAC’s database and readily provide analysis of NAM-PAC contributions and disbursement data.
- Regularly update NAM-PAC board of trustees and relevant stakeholders on NAM-PAC activity and progress.
- Growing and maintaining relationships with PAC directors from NAM member companies.
- Work with NAM government affairs leadership to coordinate contributions to candidate campaign committees.
- Organize association-hosted political fundraisers and events.The successful candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in successfully building and implementing a PAC fundraising program;
- Established record of accomplishment and work-experience in PAC administration and federal campaign fundraising;
- Experience in coordinating PAC fundraising events;
- Strong knowledge of current trade association PAC compliance requirements, campaign finance and election laws;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong presentation ability;
- Proficiency with campaign database management software;
- Knowledge of the political and legislative process.
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States and one of the nation’s most influential advocates for manufacturing. By joining the NAM, you become part of a spirited and dynamic team that is driven to succeed. We recognize and reward our staff with competitive pay and annual performance-based bonus programs. We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, life, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, SmarTrip, and a 401(k) Salary Deferral plan with employer match and contributions, and ample vacation and sick leave. Become part of a fast-paced team passionate about keeping the United States the world leader in manufacturing.
Job posted: 2019-01-17