Advocate Health Care
Downers Grove, IL
Advocate Health Care, the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Our Corporate Support & Operations Services are equally committed to advancing Advocate’s goal of building lifelong relationships with patients by delivering the best health outcomes and highest level of service through an integrated approach to care and wellness.
What You Will Do:
The purpose of this position is to effectively develop and coordinate state and federal government relations initiatives in support of Advocate’s Health Care mission and strategic goals as well as the implementation of strategic government relations communications plans and tactics for internal and external audiences under the direction of the Manager and Vice President of Government Relations.
This position also will support the government relations team in crafting and managing a library of policy issue briefs as well as tracking regulatory policy impacting Advocate. In addition, the position will assist in the implementation of hospital strategic plans and strategic communications and government relation tactics to help achieve the growth goals for the hospital and system.
- Demonstrates Service First/MVP in Action
- Supports the Manager and Vice President of Government Relations in all ongoing advocacy efforts on a state and federal level to advance Advocate’s policy priorities.
- Coordinates/supports the development and distribution of internal and external communications, including Intranet, hospital newsletters and other collateral materials to support Advocate’s advocacy efforts.
- Supports the Manager and VP in proactively tracking and monitoring all legislative proposals and regulatory policy impacting Advocate and assists Manager in troubleshooting these proposals with administrative and clinical teams coordinating and drafting federal and state comment letters.
- Supports the Manager in the management of Advocate’s system~wide Nurse Advocacy Council, including monthly meetings, the annual Springfield Advocacy day for nurses and annual legislative forums at each of the Advocate hospital sites.
- Conducts comprehensive research and analysis of legislative proposals and regulations.
- Authors government relations content for Advocate Intranet, Internet and social media.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelors degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field.
- PLUS 4 years Public relations, government, or public policy
- Ability to work independently.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with word processing and desktop publishing.
- Willingness to be flexible with work hours.
- On-call responsibility
- Need to attend some evening or weekend work related activities.
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.
Job Posted: April 14, 2017