Government Relations and Public Affairs Manager, NE Region
About the team
Government Relations, part of Zillow Group Corporate Relations, is a small but mighty team of skilled professionals and fun people who enjoy working in a collegial environment within an innovative, fast-paced tech and media company.
About the role
Zillow Group is looking for a seasoned government relations professional to join our growing team. This position will own the northeast region of the U.S. (ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, NJ, PA, DE, MD) and report to the Director of Government Relations and Public Affairs. You will work closely with our executive team on various issues impacting our business. If you love to build relationships with external partners, have a mind for strategy and enjoy working in a team atmosphere, this job will be a great fit!
Our ideal candidate will have state and local level government relations experience in the northeastern region and will be motivated to quickly learn about the real estate industry and other issue areas critical to Zillow Group’s business. At any given time, this role will be simultaneously managing several high-stakes projects, so the ideal candidate will need to be process oriented and organized. We are looking for a self-starter, a strong communicator who can build and execute on a government relations strategy. While this role has typically required significant travel (50 percent), all activity is currently remote due to the pandemic.
- Develop and execute a state/local government relations strategy.
- Engage the executive team on various government relations efforts, keeping them up to date and involving them in decisions as appropriate.
- Build and maintain relationships with government leaders and influencers within target markets.
- Manage multiple outside firms.
- Have strong business acumen and ability to represent the business wearing many hats.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- You have 7-10 years of experience in government or government relations, preferably at the state level.
- Ability to quickly learn new issues impacting the business and then to move fast to create a successful government relations strategy to address them.
- Extreme attention to detail, and ability to move fast and multi-task.
- You can think strategically and creatively and map government relations planning to greater business objectives.
- Experience providing strategic support and counsel to c-level executives or similar leadership roles.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Results-driven and great at communicating up, down and across the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Flexibility to travel is needed
- Ideally live in the following regions (ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, NJ, PA, DE, MD)
Get to know us
Zillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow’s businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-16