Government Relations and Public Affairs Manager, Northwestern Region
About The Team
Government Relations, part of Zillow Group Communications, is a small but mighty team of skilled professionals and fun people who enjoy working in a collegial environment within an innovative, fast-paced tech and media company.
About The Role
Zillow Group is looking for a seasoned government relations professional to join our growing team. This position will own the Northwest region of the U.S. and report to our state/local GR lead. You will work closely with our executive team on various issues impacting our business. If you love to build relationships with external partners, have a mind for strategy and enjoy working in a team atmosphere, this job will be a great fit!
Our ideal candidate will have state and local level government relations experience in the southwestern region and will be motivated to quickly learn about the real estate industry and other issue areas critical to Zillow Group’s business. At any given time, this role will be simultaneously managing several high-stakes projects, so the ideal candidate will need to be process oriented and organized. We are looking for a self-starter, a strong communicator who can build and execute on a government relations strategy. There will also be extensive travel (50 percent) in this role.
- Develop and execute a state/local government relations strategy.
- Engage the executive team on various government relations efforts, keeping them up to date and involving them in decisions as appropriate.
- Build and maintain relationships with government leaders and influencers within target markets.
- Manage multiple outside firms.
Who you are
- You have 7-10 years of experience in government or government relations, preferably at the state level.
- Ability to quickly learn new issues impacting the business and then to move fast to create a successful government relations strategy to address them.
- Extreme attention to detail, and ability to move fast and multi-task.
- You can think strategically and creatively and map government relations planning to greater business objectives.
- Experience providing strategic support and counsel to c-level executives or similar leadership roles.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Results-driven and great at communicating up, down and across the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- This position is open to candidates in the Northwest area
- Working remotely is an option
- Flexibility to travel is needed
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-03-14