Government Relations/Public Policy Communications Manager
In this role, you will be responsible for providing complex communications consultation, communications planning, implementation and recommended solutions for multiple Kaiser Permanente programs and projects (targeting both internal and external audiences) to meet organizational brand and reputation goals.
Experience working in communications for federal, state or local government or advocacy groups is preferred. This role is in National Communications focusing on public policy communications with responsibilities for developing and implementing communications for Kaiser Permanente’s National Government Relations function.
- At least ten years of experience in corporate communications environment, including two years of supervisory and/or major project leadership experience
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, public relations, business administration, or a related field; a master’s degree is preferred
- Experience within the last three years planning and implementing complex internal communications plans and projects for a large, complex organization, with a track record of increasing responsibility
- Experience working in communications for federal, state, or local government or advocacy groups is preferred
- Demonstrated experience on cross-functional, integrated (internal/external) efforts
- Proven experience with organizational change, corporate reputation management, internal brand reinforcement, and stakeholder engagement
- Professional-level writing and editing skills for web and traditional media
- Demonstrated excellence in directly supporting senior executives in large organizations and influencing their approach to communications while nurturing the relationship
- Demonstrated excellence in working collaboratively in a team setting
- The ability to respond to emerging issues and crises
- The ability to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 958278.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Please apply through KP website: kp.org/careers
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Job posted: 2021-06-01